Brick from Stormfield Mansion
DescriptionBrick from Stormfield Mansion.
Stormfield was the mansion built in Redding, Connecticut for author Samuel Clemens, best known as Mark Twain, who lived there from 1908 until his death in 1910. He derived the property's name from the short story "Captain Stormfield's Visit to Heaven". The building was destroyed in a 1923 fire, with a smaller replica built at the same site the following year.
Credit LineThe Mark Twain House & Museum, Gift of Miss Florence T. Gay, 1937.